Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pride Tiger + Lesbo Vrouven + Les Georges Leningrad

At first, I was surprised to learn that the show would be presented at the Dagobert, I was kind of expecting to see it at Rouje... The sound and light kit of the Dag is amazing, so no complaints here.

Like true groupies, we arrived way too early, the ticket was stating 9 pm (yeah, right). I did'nt knew Pride Tiger and I was pleasantly surprised. It reminded me of some kind of cock rock with a touch of Iron Maiden. The singer/drummer was a pure concentrate of energy (borderline puppy joy).

I'm glad I finally got to see the Lesbo Vrouven, I missed their previous shows. They offered a kick-ass performance. I particularly liked the bass, it had a NoMeansNo feel to it. The singer/guitarist is a show beast, very entertaining. While buying their album, I learned from the singer that they have something coming up in the future with Les Goules...

Les Georges Leningrad where plenty decadent as always. I would love to see them play in front of a Christian convention. The marvelous plywood bat was there at the back, the sexy echo queen singer was on fire. The ninja/burglar costume of the keyboardist was too good, all I could see was his eyes from where I was sitting. If you never saw those guys in concert, you are really missing something.

Barely 4 hours of sleep is definitely not enough for my poor brain...