Saturday, December 16, 2006

Howe Gelb Sno' Angel + Jim Bryson @ La Sala Rossa

Photo: Christian Morin

The night could have been tragic. Just before leaving Quebec City, we where witness to a car accident. A car in front of us crashed hard on the side of an other car, fortunately no one was hurt. It could have been us...

I went in Montreal to see a great show at the La Sala Rossa (what a nice venue). I knew nothing of Howe Gelb, and I was completely blown away. He reminded me of Tom Waits sometimes. I was sitting front row and at one point I had to hold Howe Gelb's guitar while he was playing on the piano downstage next to me. The stage was crowded, there was a wonderful and energic gospel choir with the band (Voices of Praise, from Ottawa). The first part of the show was very nice too, it was Jim Bryson and his band (he was also playing guitar for Howe Gelb).

The trip back to Quebec City was eerie, a lot of fog was floating around the deserted highway 20.

No comments: